Monday, February 23, 2009

The Challenge

Okay, since many of you have gotten on to me for not looking at my e-mails, not sending pictures, etc. I am setting up my own blog page. Jennifer (my sister) keeps telling me that I will do better with recording special events in our lives with this thing called "the blog" so I've accepted the challenge. I can't make any promises on how often it will get updated, but here it goes...

For those of you I don't talk to often, here's the last ten years in a nutshell. I married David in June of 1999. He works for Northwestern Mutual in financial services. He's been with the company for over 14 years. We tried for almost 9 years to have a child - (right from the beginning as we knew that with my female issues, it would be difficult to conceive) after about 7 surgeries and several invitro attempts we decided to forgo the family efforts. We were considering adoption, but decided to even put that on hold. I finished dental hygiene school, (a seventeen year in the making endeavor) and worked as a "fill-in" dental hygienist. Staying very busy with work, and travel, I did not even realize that I was pregnant until I was nearly six weeks.

Let me tell you that this was a complete surprise and a complete miracle. I have endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome, the latter of the two causes me to not ovulate. Every test that was ever done -at home and at the doctors - indicated that to be true. Not only that but David only had 13% viable morphology and so there was no way we were to have children without some help. There was so much scar tissue due to the endometriosis that there was no place for the embryos to attach once the "help" came. So, again I say, "MIRACLE" - and what a blessing she is to us. Her name is Kierstin and here she is...

1 comment:

1st Moments

1st Moments
We are family

I think she was trying to give kisses back to me